S'mores Gone Wild [13 S'mores Inspired Recipes]
S'mores have been around for generations. Rumor has it that the idea of smashing chocolate and marshmallows between two graham crackers originated in the 1920s in a Girl Scout manual. Once known as a camping dessert, this basic treat has become a nostalgic snack that people of all ages devour with delight.
Humans are always looking to make a great thing even better. About ten years ago we a school picnic a mom brought the most incredible brownies I had ever tasted. I asked what they were are she said they were called Gimme S'more Brownies. Never in all of humanity has there been a more suitable name for a recipe. I thought about them every day for the following week and finally had to call her for the recipe. I'm so glad there are people in this world who can create these delectable creations and make them available for us to those of us who are incapable of such artistry. We did our homework and found some more of the most incredible recipes that take the basic three ingredients found in S'mores to a whole new level.
1. If you're anything like me, I like things easy to eat and I like to dip, dunk, and scoop my food. So this recipe for Indoor S'mores or S'more Dip at Dessert for Two hit all the marks. Just dip your graham cracker in the gooey chocolatey goodness and eat.
2. The Simple Sweet Life has a recipe for, get this, S'mores Ice Cream! But she didnt stop there. She has a website FILLED with S'mores recipes. I mean seriously, S'more Macarons, S'more French Toast, S'more Cake, and so many more. She admits to a S'more addiction, and it's clear she is serious about her S'mores.
3. I can't even tell you how many directions my mind went when I saw a recipe for S'mores Lasagna by Delish. But when I saw chocolate pudding, cream cheese, marshmallow cream, and hot fudge among the ingredients and I knew this was staying in my dessert repertoire forever.
4. Self Proclaimed Foodie has an easy but decadent recipe for Five Minute Pudding S'mores. Yes please! Plus she put it in a cute little shot glass, which for me, gets her bonus points. And the tiny spoon gets points from my girls who are constantly stealing our supply of tiny spoons.
5. Just when you thought you had tasted every last cookie creation, A Cookie Named Desire comes out with a S'more Stuffed Cookie! Yes, you heard right. I can't even look at the picture very long because my mouth waters to the point of embarrassment.
6. Layers of Happiness has an incredible recipe for 5-Ingredient Skinny S’mores Milkshakes. This recipe is perfect for all those people like me who are either unable to or choose not to drink milk. Made with chocolate almond milk, this milkshake gets an A+.
8. We've all seen the little tricks people do to level up their Rice Krispy treats, but holy moly, the Kickass Baker has seriously outdone them all. I literally swore outloud when I came across her page for this recipe of S'mores Rice Krispi Treats. She definitely lives up to her name!
9. S'mores Cinnamon Rolls anyone? At Crepes of Wrath, they didn't hold back, every part of this decadent treat is from scratch. From the graham cracker dough to the homemade marshmallow and chocolate glaze. It will be well worth your time.
10. At one time my oldest daughter had a cake pop obsession. We had a little machine she could make them with and she spent hours making all kinds of creations. I think this easy recipe for S'mores Cake Pops by Pint Sized Baker just might entice her to get back on that bandwagon.
11. I love the convenience of freezer meals, the idea of making food ahead to stress less later. The next best thing is freezer snacks! It's Always Autumn was thinking just that when she created her Frozen S'mores recipe.
12. I would have never thought of S'mores Cheesecake but it's a good thing Will Cook For Smiles did. She explains she made it for her mom, so she had to make it so good it would knock her on her little butt. How can you argue with that?!
13. Last but not least I cannot resist anything popcorn. S'mores Popcorn by Almost Supermom is one of those super simple but brilliant snacks that make you go "Well why didn't I think of that?". It must be a superhero thing.
Have you got a great S'mores inspired recipe? Share it on our Facebook page!